National Business Awards Finalists Announced 2011
02 August 2011
Over 150 of Britain’s most innovative and successful public and private sector businesses have been announced today, Tuesday 2nd August, as finalists of the National Business Awards in partnership with Orange. Organisations shortlisted this year range from the well-known Debenhams, JD Wetherspoon, moneysupermarket.com, Harvey Nash and Stannah – through to the rising stars of Ovo Energy, Door-Stop, ShortList Media and HeartSine Technologies.
Announcing the finalists in the nomination only category of The 3i Private Business of the Year, David Whileman, 3i Partner, UK Private Equity said: “Today’s finalists have achieved substantial growth over recent years against a tough economic backdrop, demonstrating the strength of their strategy and management teams. Our focus is on backing market leading businesses and we are delighted to see such great examples of vision and entrepreneurship in UK businesses today.”
The 2011 3i Private Business of the Year finalists are:
- A J Bell, Manchester - a leading provider of stockbroker services
- apetito, Trowbridge - No.1 supplier of frozen meals to the social sector
- Bibby Line Group, Liverpool - diverse family group (shipping, logistics, retail, financing)
- Euro Car Parts, Wembley - leading supplier of car parts in the UK, to trade and retail
- Firmdale Hotels - luxury boutique hotel group
- Gleeds, London - leading global management and construction consultant
- Mark Group, Leicester - UK installer of 'whole house' energy saving products
- Mobile Interactive Group, London - fast growing mobile telecoms technology business
- Stannah, Andover - the world's largest supplier of stairlifts
- Yeo Valley, Blagdon -award-winning family owned organic dairy products business
“The economic climate continues to present UK businesses with an unprecedented challenge: it is therefore particularly encouraging that the entries in this year’s National Business Awards have shown no drop in quality or performance. Congratulations to all finalists for demonstrating tremendous strength in their ability to adapt and innovate which no doubt reflects the resilience and optimism that are the hallmarks of UK enterprise”, said Baroness Bottomley of Nettlestone, Chair of Judges, the National Business Awards.
The finalists will make their filmed interviews in person in September; these interviews will be judged by an independent, expert judging panel at the offices of Coutts & Co. The judges are:
- David Whileman, 3i Partner, UK Private Equity
- David Kilburn, CEO, MKM Building Supplies
- David Richards, CEO, SLR Consulting
- Tim Scott, Chairman/Founder, ENER-G
- Mike Tobin, CEO, TelecityGroup
The winners will be honoured at the National Business Awards gala dinner, organised by UBM plc, at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London on Tuesday 8th November, where George Osborne, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, will deliver this year’s welcome address.www.nationalbusinessawards.co.uk for a full list of all 2011 finalists.
- Ends -
Notes for editor:
Visit www.nationalbusinessawards.co.uk for a full list of all 2011 finalists.
About the National Business Awards
Open to organisations of all sizes from all sectors across the UK, the National Business Awards, in partnership with Orange, is the UK’s most prestigious independent business recognition platform with its particular emphasis on excellence, innovation and ethical business. Now in its tenth year, the National Business Awards connects the nations’ professionals through its annual awards ceremony; year-round thought leadership and round table events; and is UBM plc’s flagship awards programme.www.nationalbusinessawards.co.uk for further information.
For further information please contact:
Head of PR & Marketing
Tel: 020 7234 8753 / 07500 917 628