Ascendas REIT : Ascendas to Design and Build New Business Space for Dnv
Press releaseFor Immediate ReleaseASCENDAS TO DESIGN AND BUILD NEW BUSINESS SPACE FOR DNV
10/10/2011| 02:50am US/Eastern
? Singapore Science Park to remain the centre for DNV?s operations for Asia Pacific
1. Singapore, 10 October 2011 ? Leading business space provider Ascendas is pleased to announce its partnership with Norwegian risk management company, Det Norske Veritas (DNV), in the design and build of its new premises at the Singapore Science Park. The groundbreaking ceremony was held today.
2. Expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2013, the new 7-storey DNV building will be the company?s Asia Pacific headquarters and house more than 400 staff involved in all aspects of its business for the region. As a leading risk management company, DNV helps its customers to identify, assess and manage risk. In the maritime and offshore sectors, DNV is one of the world?s leading classification societies, and the activities at Science Park represents vital parts of these global operations both within design approval, surveys and technical advisory. Technology Qualification and Verification are major activities provided out of Singapore to the wider energy sector. DNV?s Clean Technology Center is also located at Science Park, and is a front-end provider of services to the fast growing wind industry in Asia, as well as supporting the development of Carbon Capture and Storage projects in the region. Promoting a wider use of LNG is also high on DNV?s agenda in the region. DNV expects a considerable growth in Singapore the coming years.
3. The project leverages Ascendas? experience in design and development and will be constructed to meet both DNV?s specific business space requirements and be in line with the company?s commitment towards sustainable developments. The project will incorporate high standards of energy efficiency, water efficiency, environmental protection and indoor air quality, in accordance with the requirements of Building and Construction Authority?s Green Mark Gold Plus rating.
4. Mr Tan Yew Chin, CEO of Ascendas Land (Singapore) said, ?DNV has been our customer for more than 30 years and we are privileged to continue to support them, as they expand their business and operations in the Asian region.?
5. The iconic Singapore Science Park was set up under a government initiative in 1980 to provide infrastructure for R&D to flourish. Today, the park is internationally renowned as a centre for the Sciences and R&D in South East Asia, and continues to be a model for business parks in countries across Asia.
- End -
For media enquiries, please contact: Ms Jacqueline Tan
Ascendas Pte Ltd
DDI: +65 6508 8970
Mobile: +65 9797 5767
Ascendas in Asia (www.ascendas.com)
Ascendas is Asia?s leading provider of business space solutions with key markets in Singapore, China, India, South Korea and South East Asia (including Vietnam, Malaysia and Philippines). Based in Singapore, Ascendas has built a strong regional presence and serves a global clientele of over 2,000 customers.
Ascendas specializes in developing, managing and marketing IT parks, industrial & logistics parks, business parks, science parks, hi-tech facilities, office and retail space. Its flagships include the Singapore Science Park, International Tech Park Bangalore in India, Dalian- Ascendas IT Park in China and Carmelray Industrial Park II in the Philippines. Ascendas provides end-to-end real estate solutions, assisting corporate customers through the entire real estate process.
In November 2002, Ascendas launched Singapore?s first business space trust, the Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust (A-REIT). In August 2007, the Ascendas India Trust (a-iTrust) was launched as Singapore?s first listed Indian property trust. Ascendas also demonstrated its strength in real estate fund management with a series of private real estate funds established across Asia.