Dec. 09--Rewards totaling $11,000 are being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a man wanted in the shooting of an AT&T employee last month in Berwyn, police said.
The employee was on duty when he was shot during a robbery attempt about 11 a.m. Nov. 28 in the 6300 block of Park Avenue, according to Michael Cimaglia, Berwyn's acting police chief. The worker had attempted to run away from the gunman when he was shot once in the back, Cimaglia said. He was in critical condition in a local hospital but he has improved and is stable, Cimaglia said.
AT&T is offering $10,000 in reward money, the company said. Cimaglia said anti-violence activist Andrew Holmes is responsible for another $1,000, which Holmes said is being offered through Operation Restore Innocence and Total Protection Consultants.
Cimaglia said anyone with information should contact Berwyn police Detective Tom Tate at 708-795-2164.
"Our thoughts remain with our employee as he continues his recovery, and we're committed to doing anything we can to assist in bringing those involved in his shooting to justice," John Donovan, chief strategy officer and group president for AT&T Technology and Operations, said in a statement.
Holmes said he hopes someone comes forward with information or surveillance video of the shooting or events leading up to it. He said he is concerned about crimes against workers who are outdoors, such as utility workers and delivery personnel, and may be too preoccupied with their work to know when someone is approaching them.
(c)2016 the Chicago Tribune
Visit the Chicago Tribune at www.chicagotribune.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
© Tribune Content Agency, source Regional News