ROSELAND, NJ--(Marketwired - May 19, 2016) - Business leaders may be thinking they can sit back and relax now that Affordable Care Act (ACA) annual reporting requirements have been signed, sealed and delivered.
But don't get too comfortable: While employers might have successfully adhered to the IRS' 2015 requirements, reporting changes loom ahead in 2016 and 2017. In order to stay abreast of evolving ACA compliance requirements, issues and challenges, employers should waste no time and start their planning now.
ADP executives will present a free webinar on May 25 to share key learnings on ACA reporting findings from the past year, including what companies are doing right or wrong and what's coming up for the remainder of 2016 and 2017.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Key findings from the first year of reporting, such as:
- Many organizations don't accurately categorize employees -- which leads to negative consequences: What do you need to know to make sure this doesn't happen to you?
- Gathering the right data is difficult. What should you be doing now to prepare for next year?
- Simple mistakes can lead to rejected IRS forms or accuracy penalties: What are some of the pitfalls to look out for next year? What tools are available to help?
- You need a plan in place for handling Exchange Notices: You'll be seeing these soon if you haven't already. Do you know what to do with them?
- What comes next? A key purpose of Employer Health Coverage reporting is for employers to show compliance with the employer mandate and to enable the IRS to assess Shared Responsibility penalties. What should you do now to prepare?
- New requirements and what's changing for next year.
The free webinar will begin at 11 a.m. ET and 3 p.m. ET on Wednesday, May 25, and will be hosted by ADP's Ellen Feeney, VP, Legal Counsel, and Pete Isberg, Vice President, Government Relations.
Register here for the morning session and here for the afternoon presentation.
About ADP (NASDAQ: ADP)
Powerful technology plus a human touch. Companies of all types and sizes around the world rely on ADP's cloud software and expert insights to help unlock the potential of their people. HR. Talent. Benefits. Payroll. Compliance. Working together to build a better workforce. For more information, visit ADP.com.
The ADP logo and ADP are registered trademarks of ADP, LLC. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright © 2016 ADP, LLC.