Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Posted Date: 02-JUL-15
Office Address: Department of Veterans Affairs;VA Black Hills HCS;Fort Meade Campus;113 Comanche Rd.;Fort Meade SD 57741
Subject: J-- VISN 23 Biomed Contrast Injector Service Contract
Classification Code: J - Maintenance, repair & rebuilding of equipment
Solicitation Number: VA26315Q0741
Contact: Charles Bonet, Contract Specialistcharles.email@example.com mailto:Charles.Bonet@va.gov
Description: Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Black Hills Health Care System
Department of Veterans Affairs Black Hills Health Care System
Anjiojet Ultras Possis Contrast InjectorsThe Department of Veterans Affairs intends to award a Firm Fixed Price contract to a qualified firm with the capability and capacity to provide predictive maintenance (PM) of AngioJet Ultras Possis contrast injectors from Boston Scientific at the VISN 23 facilities listed below in accordance with the Statement of Work (SOW). Contract period shall be one year from October 1, 2015 through September 30th, 2016. The contract will also contain the provision for 4-option year annual renewals.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for this project is 811219 other Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance, size standard of $20.5 million dollars.
This sources-sought announcement is used to identify concerns with the capability to accomplish the work.
This is not a solicitation. Only those firms who respond to this announcement by submitting the following information will be used in determining whether to set aside/compete this requirement.
Please provide all of the following:
A capability statement that expresses an interest in this requirement. It should describe your company and its capability to complete this work. Include a statement detailing any special qualifications and certifications, applicable to the scope of this project, held by your firm and/or in-house personnel. The capability statement must directly address AngioJet Ultras Possis contrast injectors from Boston Scientific.
A statement or list of your firm's current or past technical experience similar to, or the same as, the summary scope of work for this requirement. Include a brief description of the scope and schedule for each similar requirement.
3) A statement or list of your firm's current or past performance similar to or the same as the summary scope of work. Include a point-of-contact name, phone number, and email address.
4) A statement of your firm's business size and type (HUBZone, Service Disabled Veteran Owned, 8(a), Woman-Owned, Small Business, etc.) utilizing the NAICS code and size standard noted above.
Please Submit this information to Mr. Charles Bonet, Contracting Specialist, via email to Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org. Your response to this notice must be received, in writing, on or before 2:00 PM (Mountain Time) on Thursday, July 9, 2015.
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. In accordance with FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.
STATEMENT OF WORK
EQUIPMENT SERVICE CONTRACT
1. SCOPE: Contractor shall furnish all labor, transportation, parts, and expertise necessary to provide predictive maintenance (PM) of AngioJet Ultras Possis contrast injectors from Boston Scientific at VISN 23 facilities listed below in accordance with the below equipment list.
2. CONTRACT PERIOD: Contract period shall be one year from October 1, 2015 through September 30th, 2016. The contract will also contain the provision for 4-option year annual renewals.
3. QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered eligible for consideration, offerors must have a field service representative located within 5 hours of each medical center located in VISN 23 (i.e. Iowa, and Minnesota) that has been trained by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) on the specific model of equipment he/she is being asked to work on. Offerors must provide, upon request, documentation of factory certified service/maintenance training on the specific equipment under the terms of this contract. All parts used shall be OEM parts only. Reverse engineered and/or refurbished parts shall not be utilized under the terms of this contract without explicit permission, in writing, from the Contracting Officer. Subcontracting of any ensuing award of this solicitation will not be allowed without written permission of the Contracting Officer.
4. SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED:
1) Contractor will provide the necessary manpower and supervision to properly execute the Periodic Maintenance of the below listed equipment.
2) A "Field Service Report" (FSR) must be generated and a copy given to respective VISN 23 Biomedical Engineering point of contact at each facility listed, or designee after each episode of scheduled maintenance.
B. Predictive Maintenance:
1) Predictive Maintenance will be performed by the contractor at the intervals that are in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations, but no less than annually. [see schedule]
2) Contractor will furnish any required "PM kits" needed to perform Predictive Maintenance.
C. Documentation: A documentation package acceptable for Joint Commission purposes will be maintained by the contractor and made available to each medical center in VISN 23. Required features include, at a minimum:
1) Serial Number of equipment serviced
2) Any and all work performed on a particular date
3) Predictive Maintenance - The contractor will perform PM according to manufacturer's specifications. The contractor will have written procedures to be followed and documented evidence that each piece of equipment has been inspected according to those procedures.
D. New Equipment: Equipment may be added or deleted from the service contract as needed upon notification by the Contracting Officer (to be documented in writing via contract amendment). Deleted equipment will be credited in the full amount if deleted before any scheduled maintenance has been performed on it.
5. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS:
A. Contractor Check-In: The contractor's representative will contact Facilities point of contact as listed, to schedule and check-in prior to performing predictive maintenance services at the respective facilities.
B. Documentation: At the conclusion of each scheduled maintenance visit, the contractor will provide a written service report indicating the date of service, the model, serial number, and location of equipment serviced; the name of the representative, and the services performed and parts replaced. The reports will be delivered to Biomedical Engineering.
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
A. User Responsibility: The contractor will not be held responsible under the terms of this contract for repairs to equipment necessitated by user abuse and/or misuse of equipment.
B. Exclusions: Service does not include electrical work external to the equipment. The articulating arm for each contrast injector listed is not to be included; the maintenance of the arms will be handled by in-house Biomedical Engineering staff.
List of Contrast Injectors
VISN 23 Facility Type of Injector VA Equipment ID# Serial Number
Des Moines Division - VA POSSIS 2980189 U2699
Iowa City VA Medical Center POSSIS 2974165 U2327
Iowa City VA Medical Center POSSIS 2974164 U2332
Minneapolis VA Medical Center POSSIS 85038 U3926
Facility and Point of contact list for VISN 23
Facility Address Point of contact Phone Number
Des Moines Division - VA Central Iowa Health Care System 3600 30th Street
Des Moines, IA 50310 Todd Robinson 515.699.5830
Iowa City VA Medical Center 601 Highway 6 West
Iowa City, IA 52246-2208 Kip Sheldon 319.338.0581 x3570
Minneapolis VA Medical Center One Veterans Drive
Minneapolis, MN 55417 Rick Bailey 612.725.2000 x2012