Australia Competition Regulator to Review News Corp. Bid
06/20/2012| 03:34am US/Eastern
By Gavin Lower
MELBOURNE--Australia's competition regulator said Wednesday it will review News Corp.'s (NWS) proposed 1.97 billion Australian dollar (US$2 billion) takeover of Consolidated Media Holdings Ltd. (>> Consolidated Media Holdings Limited).
Rod Sims, Chairman of the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission, said in an interview that News Corp. had been told the watchdog would review the deal. He said of the deal that "there's no flashing red lights at the moment."
The commission's website said submissions from interested parties were due by July 11, and that it proposed to announce its findings on August 2.
Write to Gavin Lower at firstname.lastname@example.org