Dannemora Mineral AB : Interim Report January-June 2012
08/23/2012| 02:35am US/Eastern
Significant events during the period
· Production at the Dannemora iron ore mine commenced on 2 April. Adjustments and fine-tuning of the sorting plant aimed at gradually increasing production have continued during the spring.
· The first iron ore delivery of 18,000 tonnes was shipped via Hargshamn to Salzgitter Flachstahl in Germany.
· Pär Göting was appointed as a new member of Dannemora Mineral's Management Group.
· The official opening of the Dannemora iron ore mine was performed by King Carl XVI Gustaf on 13 June 2012.
· Net sales for the period January - June 2012 amounted to SEK 14.4 (1.7) million. Profit/loss after net financial items during the same period amounted to SEK -111.2 (-32.5) million.
· Total cash flow for the period January - June 2012 was SEK -333.3 (609.4) million, of which SEK -348.6 (280.3) million related to investments.
· Cash & cash equivalents at 30 June 2012 were SEK 295.8 (922.7) million.
Significant events after the end of the period
Production of iron ore products during 2012 is expected to be approx. 400,000 tonnes, compared with the planned 500,000 tonnes. This is expected to result in lost revenue of approx. SEK 70 million in 2012.
Together, the revenue shortfall and action programme mean that there is a need to strengthen the Company's liquidity by approx. SEK 100 million during the present year. Different financing options are being investigated at present.
On 1 September, Pär Göting takes up the position of Head of Operations at the Dannemora iron ore mine, succeeding Kjell Klippmark who has been appointed CEO of Pajala Utveckling AB, PUAB.
With effect from week 34, production and processing at the Dannemora iron ore mine is run in three shifts, seven days a week.
Download report below
Interim Report January-June 2012:
This announcement is distributed by Thomson Reuters on behalf of Thomson Reuters clients.
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Dannemora Mineral AB via Thomson Reuters ONE