At EuroCIS in Düsseldorf, GK Software is launching OmniPOS for the very first time. This completely new and innovative solution opens up new possibilities for retailers to optimally meet their customers' needs across all sales channels.
OmniPOS is entirely new software that has been developed in close collaboration with SAP and is the only solution in the world that can also be used in a SAP HANA environment. Thanks to the seamless combination with SAP's world-leading back-end and e-commerce solutions (hybris), this offers retailers an omni-commerce platform that is unrivalled internationally in terms of its wide range of functionalities.
OmniPOS – completely new, highly flexible omni-commerce solution
OmniPOS is a completely new solution that is seamlessly integrated into both the GK/Retail Business Suite and the world of SAP. It has been designed to achieve 100% alignment with the expectations of today's consumers and enables retailers to optimally meet their needs, everywhere and at all times.
The innovative architecture ensures all omni-channel processes can be performed in any location and on any device. Furthermore, depending on the specific application, a wide variety of POS set-ups can be achieved – and the POS can even be integrated as a service in other solutions. Central components such as price calculation are also available as services for all other sales channels. At EuroCIS, OmniPOS is being presented in several different scenarios, including as a classic stationary point of sale, in various mobile thin-client set-ups (eg, for clienteling), and as a payment extension for SAP hybris.
Michael Jaszczyk, CTO of GK Software, comments: "OmniPOS is not just another new POS system. Instead, it's a springboard into a whole new world. We have freed it from any ties to hardware by making it a fully open system. The role of POS may be changing, but the functionality will definitely continue to be required in the future. That's why we have designed OmniPOS so that its functionalities can be used in every channel, on any type of hardware or in the cloud, in countless set-ups. Therefore, the solution also forms a hub for the individual sales channels. It's based on our 25-plus years of know-how and experience as the leading innovator in our field."
* Multi-channel services safeguard process consistency OmniPOS has been designed with a firm focus on making centralised functionalities available across all channels. This enables core processes to be utilised without redundancy and with a consistent quality – in stores, in the Web shop and/or on smartphones.
* Faster time-to-market thanks to app enablement App enablement allows new functionalities to be added very quickly, without the need for any changes to the POS software. The standalone apps react to relevant occurrences at the point of sale and enhance POS functionality in real-time, such as by providing recommendations or supplementary loss-prevention functionality.
* Seamless integration of e-commerce in the store The certified hybris extension allows in-store sales employees to directly access the Web shop and seamlessly transfer the contents of the virtual shopping cart to the POS.
* End-to-end real-time connection – mobile store-level ERP A further highlight at the EuroCIS trade fair are GK Software's ERP solutions. These revolve around the Mobile Merchandise Management mobile store-level ERP solution, which is available for Android, Windows and iOS. Providing an end-to-end connection, this forms the link between all store-related processes and the central ERP system. As the world's only fully SAP-integrated solution, this is also directly available as a SAP product. Label & Poster Print is an optimal extension. Thanks to direct connectivity with the central ERP system, this solution fully automates the entire price labelling process, both for printed labels and electronic shelf labels (ESLs), as well as the printing of posters.
Debut for other new solutions: Self-scanning, Pick&Pay and Transaction+
GK Software is also demonstrating the following new advancements at EuroCIS for the first time:
* Self-scanning: The new self-scanning solution is available for use both with dedicated self-scanning devices (PSAs) and with consumers' smartphones via the Customer Engagement app.
* Pick&Pay: The mobile solution for click and collect orders enables store employees to pick the relevant goods from stock and prepare them for collection by the customer in advance.
* Transaction+: The market-leading solution from GK Software's US subsidiary company enables secure EMV-certified handling of transactions with all common payment cards in the USA using flexible acquirer routing, which enables considerable cost savings.
At this year's EuroCIS, Europe's leading trade fair for retail technology, GK Software is presenting its entire portfolio and – as in previous years – is looking forward to welcoming a large number of visitors to its booth. The company's subsidiary AWEK, as well as partner company valuephone, are also exhibiting in the direct vicinity of the GK Software booth.
(c) 2016 ITWeb Limited. All rights reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info)., source Middle East & North African Newspapers