Informa specializes in publishing books, documents, and journals. Net sales break down by sector as follows:
- energy and raw materials (23.2%);
- science, technology and health (18.5%);
- international conferences (17.9%);
- human and social sciences (12.1%);
- legal sciences and insurance (7.9%);
- finance (7.6%);
- telecommunications and media (7.1%);
- marine, trade and transport (5.7%).
The group's content is marketed in the form of publications on paper, downloaded electronically, and on CD-ROM.
Net sales break down by activity as follows: event organization (34%), sale of subscriptions (30%), of publications (15%), of advertising space (3%), and other (18%).
Net sales are distributed geographically as follows: the United Kingdom (12.8%), Europe (29.7%), North America (36.6%), and other (20.9%).