NIDEC CORPORATION : Nidec Establishes New Sales Foothold Targeting Japanese and South Korean Industrial Applications Markets
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
02/20/2013| 03:22am US/Eastern
Nidec Corporation New York Stock Exchange symbol: NJ Stock exchange code (Tokyo, Osaka): 6594
Masahiro Nagayasu General Manager Investor Relations
Released on February 20, 2013, in Kyoto, Japan
Nidec Establishes New Sales Foothold Targeting Japanese and South Korean
Industrial Applications Markets
Nidec Corporation (NYSE: NJ) (the "Company") today announced that it has established a new sales office named NIDEC ASI JAPAN CORPORATION in Tokyo, Japan, to increase brand exposure for NIDEC ASI S.p.A. and expand its sales in the Japanese and South Korean industrial applications markets.
1. Purpose of Establishment
As part of the Company's efforts to bolster its industrial equipment business, the new sales office is responsible for creating new revenue streams from the Japanese and South Korean industrial applications markets through sales of broad-ranging industrial motors and systems manufactured by NIDEC ASI S.p.A., the Company's Milan-based subsidiary formerly known as Ansaldo Sistemi Industriali S.p.A.
The Company expects that the new sales office's marketing initiatives and technical support capabilities will help NIDEC ASI S.p.A. to develop a strong customer base in Japan and South Korea by taking full advantage of its core competencies in medium- and large-sized industrial motors, power generators, low and medium voltage drives, and industrial automation and control systems used in the metal, power generation (renewable energy), marine, oil and gas industry sectors.
2. Outline of New Sales Office
(1) Name: NIDEC ASI JAPAN CORPORATION
(2) Address: F4, Nidec Tokyo Bldg. (North Bldg.), 1-20-13 Osaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0032, Japan
Fax: +81-3-5437-3227 (3) Established: February 20, 2013
(4) Capital: 9,000,000 yen (wholly-owned by Nidec Motor Holdings Corporation)
(5) Officers: Representative Director and President: Masahiro Hishida (Director and
First Senior Vice President, Nidec Techno Motor Corporation) Director and Chairman: Claudio Gemme (CEO, NIDEC ASI S.p.A.) Director: Giuseppe D'Amico (Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Nidec ASI S.p.A.)
Managing officer: Vice President: Andrea Iuretig (General Manager, Japan and South
(7) Business: Sale of mid- and large-size industrial motors; power generators; low and medium voltage drives; industrial control and automation systems in metal, power generation (renewable energy), etc..
(8) Major products:
Low voltage driver AC induction motor/power generator DC motor/power generator AC/DC thyristor power converter
(9) NIDEC ASI S.p.A. Website: http://www.nidec-asi.com/english/index.php
CORPORATE OFFICE: 338 TONOSHIRO-CHO, KUZE, MINAMI-KU, KYOTO 601-8205 JAPAN
PHONE: KYOTO +81-75-935-6140 FAX: +81-75-935-6141