(Image via Twitter)
A video, showing an Indonesian man's Samsung phone exploding, went viral on social media.
A CCTV footage shows the phone explosion, setting the man's shirt on fire, according to media reports.
The incident happened at the Hotel Ciputra in the Indonesian city of Semarang on Saturday (Sept 30), the Daily Mailreports.
In the video, the man, identified as hotel supervisor Yulianto, can be seen touching his phone through his shirt just seconds before sparks began flying from his pocket.
His shirt was quickly set alight, with the stunned 47-year-old seen rolling on the floor while ripping off his shirt.
The Central Java Regional Police said the Samsung phone was a Grand Duos model, which Indonesian media reported was released in 2013.
"Mr Yulianto immediately removed his shirt after the phone exploded. He had no significant injuries," the Daily Mail quoted Agus Triatmojo, the Central Java Regional Police's head of public relations as saying.
#Samsung smartphone explodes in man's pocket in #Indonesia, might be caused by simultaneous use of #WiFi, #Bluetooth, and GPS pic.twitter.com/X6LBdcQakh
- CGTN (@CGTNOfficial) October 6, 2017
The incident was being investigated, police said.
Yulianto reportedly sustained only minor injuries in the incident.
Samsung has previously been under fire over the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 model which was recalled due to its exploding batteries.
(c) 2017 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info)., source Middle East & North African Newspapers