Port-au-Prince, 22nd November 2012 - SGS has renewed his contract with the Government of Haiti, for the provision of Advance Cargo Information services (ACI), Product Conformity Assessment (PCA) and Pre-shipment inspection (PSI) as per the article 3.3 of the convention of 5th May 2003 and modality of application of the decree of 3rd October 1983, amended in the 4th additional clauses signed on the 19th July 2012.
Under this new program, the Government of Haiti requires that all consignments going to be shipped to Haiti been registered under the ACI ( Advanced Cargo Information), regulated products imported in Haiti comply with the applicable National Standards , Technical Regulations or approved International Standards and products not covered by the PCA been inspected prior shipment.
The objectives of the services are as follow:
1. Advanced Cargo Information (ACI)
This is program is to ensure that all exporters of consignments (regardless the value and or category of treatment) destined to Haiti are registered under the web site www.acihaiti.comand validated by SGS. The registration must be done at least 5 working days prior expedition of the consignment and DPI opening.
2. Products Conformity Assessment (PCA) & Verification of Value
The program is to ensure that all imports of regulated products subject to "Product Verification of Conformity (PVC) Program "comply with the approved Haitian or International Standards and Technical regulations.
The Verification of Value is to establish an opinion on the value of the goods to facilitate the verification by Haiti Customs.
3. Pre-shipment Inspection (PSI)
· Determination of Value for Customs purposes based on Brussels Definition of Values
· Customs classification (HS 2007 version)
· Import eligibility
· Risk Assessment
· Other: Container's sealing
Interventions and activities
· Physical Inspection, as necessary and category of SGS intervention
· Sampling and -when required- coordinating the laboratory testing as per contractual requirements for PCA
· Verification of Conformity and issuance of the Certificate of Conformity for the PCA or the Attestation de Verification for consignments subject to PSI.
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 70,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,350 offices and laboratories around the world.
For more information, please contact:
SGS Haiti-Liaison Office
47, Rue Pacot
Pacot - Port-au-Prince
Tel: (+509) 28160102 / (+509) 28160103
Fax: (509) 2244-1165