Log in
E-mail
Password
Remember
Forgot password ?
Become a member for free
Sign up
Sign up
Settings
Settings
Dynamic quotes 
OFFON

4-Traders Homepage  >  Equities  >  London Stock Exchange  >  Sky    SKY   GB0001411924

SKY (SKY)
Mes dernières consult.
Most popular
  Report  
Delayed Quote. Delayed  - 07/16 05:35:21 pm
1524 GBp   -0.72%
07/16SKY : Ocean Rescue Mobile Forum
PU
07/16Fox shares drop as prospects of new Comcast bid fade
RE
07/16PENTWATER CAPIT : - Form 8.3 - Sky Plc
PR
SummaryQuotesChartsNewsAnalysisCalendarCompanyFinancialsConsensusRevisions 
News SummaryMost relevantAll newsofficial PublicationsSector newsTweets

Sky : Sees Full-Year on Track After Strong 1Q

share with twitter share with LinkedIn share with facebook
share via e-mail
0
10/12/2017 | 08:42am CEST
   By Adria Calatayud 
 

Sky PLC (>> Sky) reported Thursday an 11% rise in Ebitda for the first quarter of fiscal 2018, and said it is on track to meet its full-year targets.

The British media company, Europe's biggest pay-TV company, recorded Ebitda of 582 million pounds ($768.6 million) in the three months ended Sept. 30, compared with GBP524 million a year earlier. It generated revenue of GBP3.3 billion, up from GBP3.2 billion a year earlier.

Sky said like-for-like revenue, excluding non-recurring items and at constant currency, increased by 5% in the first quarter. The company said that 160,000 new customers joined the its platforms over the July-September period, up 51% year on year.

Sky also said it is on track to deliver its plans for fiscal 2018 as a whole. The company added that it continued to see good demand for its products and services, despite pressure on consumer spending and weaker U.K. television advertising.

21st Century Fox Inc. (>> Twenty-First Century Fox), which already owns a 39% stake in Sky, announced last year plans to buy the remaining 61% for GBP11.7 billion, but the transaction is under the scrutiny of regulators. The U.K. Competition Authority said Tuesday that it plans to examine how the proposed takeover would affect media plurality and broadcasting standards in the country.

Write to Adria Calatayud at [email protected]

Stocks mentioned in the article : Sky, Twenty-First Century Fox
Stocks mentioned in the article
ChangeLast1st jan.
TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX -1.79% 46.71 Delayed Quote.35.27%
share with twitter share with LinkedIn share with facebook
share via e-mail
0
Latest news on SKY
07/16SKY : Ocean Rescue Mobile Forum
PU
07/16Fox shares drop as prospects of new Comcast bid fade
RE
07/16PENTWATER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP : - Form 8.3 - Sky Plc
PR
07/13Comcast to pay advisers as much as £243 million in fees for Sky takeover
RE
07/13Comcast to pay advisers as much as 243 million pound in fees for Sky takeover
RE
07/13Comcast Formally Posts Offer Document to Sky Shareholders
DJ
07/13ELLIOTT CAPITAL ADVISORS, L.P : Form 8.3 - Sky Plc
AQ
07/13PENTWATER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP : - Form 8.3 - Sky Plc
PR
07/13MEDIASET : Perform close to signing Serie A deals with Sky, Mediaset
RE
07/13British regulator sets 14 pound floor under Sky shares
RE
More news
News from SeekingAlpha
07/16Disney filing suggests Fox could cede Sky race to Comcast 
07/16BREAKINGVIEWS : The Bidding War Continues 
07/16CNBC : Comcast focused on Sky, unlikely to top Fox bid 
07/14TELEGRAPH : Amazon plans smart television, TV service 
07/13AT&T merger appeal toughens Comcast's bid for Fox 
Financials ( GBP)
Sales 2018 13 589 M
EBIT 2018 1 550 M
Net income 2018 1 016 M
Debt 2018 6 072 M
Yield 2018 2,30%
P/E ratio 2018 26,92
P/E ratio 2019 24,73
EV / Sales 2018 2,39x
EV / Sales 2019 2,25x
Capitalization 26 387 M
Chart SKY
Duration : Period :
Sky Technical Analysis Chart | SKY | GB0001411924 | 4-Traders
Technical analysis trends SKY
Short TermMid-TermLong Term
TrendsBullishBullishBullish
Income Statement Evolution
Consensus
Sell
Buy
Mean consensus HOLD
Number of Analysts 18
Average target price 13,9  GBP
Spread / Average Target -9,0%
EPS Revisions
Managers
NameTitle
David Jeremy Darroch Chief Executive Officer & Executive Director
James Rupert Murdoch Chairman
Andrew John Griffith Director, Chief Operating & Financial Officer
Didier Lebrat Chief Technology Officer
Martin James Gilbert Deputy Chairman
Sector and Competitors
1st jan.Capitalization (M$)
SKY50.59%34 915
WALT DISNEY COMPANY (THE)2.32%163 958
COMCAST CORPORATION-13.36%159 677
LIBERTY MEDIA FORMULA ONE11.80%26 143
LIBERTY SIRIUS XM GROUP19.57%25 676
LIBERTY BRAVES GROUP18.78%25 676