The feature you requested does not exist. However, we suggest the following feature:
Bon Appetit! World’s Best Fine Dining Restaurants Named in TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards
10/18/2016 | 12:01pm CEST
Martin Berasategui in Spain Tops World List for 2nd Consecutive Year; Chicago’s Alinea Best in the U.S.
Top Bargain Dining in the U.S. Revealed for the First Time
NEEDHAM, Mass., Oct. 18, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- TripAdvisor®, the travel planning and booking site, today announced its Travelers’ Choice™ awards for top restaurants around the world.
This year’s awards recognize 528 restaurants overall, including the top 25 fine dining in the world and dedicated lists for Asia, Canada, Europe, India, Mexico, South America, South Pacific, the U.K. and the U.S. This year, TripAdvisor has also awarded some of the best bargain dining establishments around the world. Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for restaurants around the world, gathered over a 12-month period.
“Thanks to insights from the millions of tastemakers in the TripAdvisor community, we’re excited to recognize the top restaurants around the world,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer for TripAdvisor. “This esteemed restaurants list can be consulted for a special night out, a meal without breaking the bank, or anyone looking to book a special gourmet getaway.”
Top 10 Fine Dining Restaurants in the U.S.:
1. Alinea – Chicago, Illinois For its 10th anniversary, chef Grant Achatz decided to deconstruct his own creation, revamping the restaurant interior and its popular menu that promises a timeless spin on the freshest food. A TripAdvisor reviewer stated, “You will be there for four hours, but it will be four hours of culinary ecstasy! Each course is carefully prepared and executed like a work of art. The mix of flavors and presentation is unparalleled.”
2. Victoria & Albert’s – Orlando, Florida Chef Scott Hunnel offers modern American cuisine in a beautiful old-world setting, using flavors from all over the world to enhance local ingredients. Observed one TripAdvisor reviewer, “The whole experience here is like having front row orchestra seats. Food, presentation and service are perfect. The ultimate place for that special or any occasion!”
3. Per Se – New York City, New York Thomas Keller’s New York outpost features a daily nine-course tasting menu that showcases classic French gastronomy. “Per Se lets the food speak for itself by finding the perfect balance between tradition and innovation without trying to add gimmicky touches. Beyond the headline dishes, the menu is sophisticated and not overbearing. Between the heavier dishes, there was a great selection of fresh and delicate dishes,” wrote a TripAdvisor reviewer.
4. Halls Chophouse – Charleston, South Carolina At this storied steakhouse, celebrated as one of America’s best, the Hall family puts a premium not just on the quality meat and other ingredients, but on hospitality. One TripAdvisor reviewer playfully claimed, “Don't go here! It will ruin every future restaurant experience you ever have. It's that good.” Though it’s not just for carnivores, “a classic steak and a classic experience awaits.”
5. Bouley – New York City, New York Vaulted ceilings, opulent fabrics and the aroma of ripe apples greet you when you enter Bouley. On your plate? The season’s finest ingredients prepared with purity and health in mind. Travelers should book a reservation soon as the restaurant is reported to be closing by the end of the year. According to a TripAdvisor reviewer, “Still (after 30+ years) the most creative cuisine around, with an attention to quality and freshness in ingredients, subtle and nuanced preparation, and superb service, all in one of the most beautiful spaces in New York.”
6. Charleston Grill – Charleston, South Carolina Cool jazz, dark wood and marble floors welcome visitors to the Charleston Grill. The menu puts a French spin on Lowcountry style, from sautéed frog legs, to fried green tomatoes. A TripAdvisor reviewer raved, “Fantastic food, beautiful setting, classic Southern hospitality. The dishes are elegantly crafted and the service is impeccable. Get a table near the garden and absorb a true Charleston treasure.”
7. Daniel – New York City, New York Daniel Boulud now owns restaurants around the globe, but his flagship restaurant in New York City is still the crown jewel. His bold blend of classic and contemporary French cuisine ranges from foie gras to lapin. “Decor is delightful, service unobtrusive but totally attentive. The four-course tasting menu is complemented by amuse bouche, coffee, macaroon and chocolates and even a tasty canelé to take away to remember your evening,” praised a TripAdvisor reviewer.
8. Restaurant Gary Danko – San Francisco, California Farm-fresh ingredients and dash of the dramatic turn classic French fare new and exciting at Restaurant Gary Danko. After 17 years, the restaurant is now as iconic as its Fisherman’s Wharf surroundings. “It is a lovely setting, refined and understated. The menu is quite interesting, with options for three, four or five courses—and selections broad enough to please any palate and mood. The food was simply sublime, well-prepared, and beautifully presented,” wrote a TripAdvisor reviewer.
9. The French Laundry – Yountville, California Another elite Thomas Keller restaurant, The French Laundry brought classic French cuisine to the Napa Valley. According to a TripAdvisor reviewer, “Not for the gastronomically challenged, this restaurant will take your palate on a run through fresh-grown vegetables to perfectly cured meats. I enjoyed every single aspect of this restaurant, from its gardens to its fine service. I took a nice ride through Thomas Keller's mind and emerged better for it.”
10. Mama’s Fish House – Paia, Hawaii Nestled in a coconut grove on a private beach, Mama’s Fish House has been setting the standard for fresh fish, local cuisine and Hawaiian hospitality for more than 40 years. The daily menu even lists the names of the fisherman who caught the day’s offerings. A TripAdvisor reviewer noted this to be “the absolute freshest, most simple yet exquisitely prepared seafood on Maui, bar none. The setting is paradise, and the decor is vintage Hawaiian and delightful.”
Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Restaurants in the World:
About TripAdvisor TripAdvisor® is the world's largest travel site*, enabling travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. TripAdvisor offers advice from millions of travelers and a wide variety of travel choices and planning features with seamless links to booking tools that check hundreds of websites to find the best hotel prices. TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 350 million average monthly unique visitors**, and reached 385 million reviews and opinions covering 6.6 million accommodations, restaurants and attractions. The sites operate in 48 markets worldwide. TripAdvisor: Know better, Book better and Go better.