Log in
E-mail
Password
Remember
Forgot password ?
Become a member for free
Sign up
Sign up
Settings
Settings
Dynamic quotes 
OFFON

4-Traders Homepage  >  Equities  >  Nyse  >  Walt Disney Company (The)    DIS

WALT DISNEY COMPANY (THE) (DIS)
Mes dernières consult.
Most popular
  Report  
SummaryQuotesChartsNewsAnalysisCalendarCompanyFinancialsConsensusRevisions 
News SummaryMost relevantAll newsofficial PublicationsSector newsTweets

UK Takeover Panel: Disney Doesn't Believe Fox Deal Triggers Bid for Sky

share with twitter share with LinkedIn share with facebook
share via e-mail
0
12/14/2017 | 01:57pm CEST
   By Adria Calatayud 
 

The U.K. Takeover Panel said Thursday that Walt Disney Co.'s (>> Walt Disney Company (The)) has informed its executive that it doesn't believe the acquisition of 21st Century Fox Inc. (>> Twenty-First Century Fox) should trigger a mandatory bid obligation for Sky PLC (>> Sky).

The U.K. regulatory body said that Disney's announcement doesn't alter 21st Century Fox's obligations under the Takeover Code with respect to its existing offer for Sky.

21st Century Fox, which already owns a 39% stake in Sky, said last year that it intended to buy the remaining 61% in the British media company for 11.7 billion pounds ($15.62 billion) in a deal that is under the scrutiny of U.K. regulators.

The Takeover Panel said it will seek the views of the independent directors of Sky before deciding on the matter.

Shares in Sky at 1234 GMT were down 19 pence, or 1.9%, at 990 pence.

Write to Adria Calatayud at [email protected]

Stocks mentioned in the article : Walt Disney Company (The), Twenty-First Century Fox, Sky
Stocks mentioned in the article
ChangeLast1st jan.
SKY 0.53% 1531 Delayed Quote.51.28%
TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY FOX 0.45% 46.68 Delayed Quote.35.19%
WALT DISNEY COMPANY (THE) 0.35% 110.69 Delayed Quote.2.96%
share with twitter share with LinkedIn share with facebook
share via e-mail
0
Latest news on WALT DISNEY COMPANY (THE)
07/18WALT DISNEY CO/ : Other Events (form 8-K)
AQ
07/18U.K.'s Takeover Panel to Review Ruling on Disney's Sky Offer
DJ
07/18U.K.'s Takeover Panel to Review Ruling on Disney's Sky Offer
DJ
07/18British M&A regulator to review level of possible Disney offer for Sky
RE
07/18Takeover Panel Hearings Committee Statement re Sky Plc
DJ
07/16WALT DISNEY : Disneyland Resort to Celebrate 63 Years of Magical Fun on July 17 ..
PU
07/16Fox shares drop as prospects of new Comcast bid fade
RE
07/13WALT DISNEY CO/ : Other Events (form 8-K)
AQ
07/13Comcast's Pursuit of Fox Just Got Tougher
DJ
07/13Comcast to pay advisers as much as £243 million in fees for Sky takeover
RE
More news
News from SeekingAlpha
07/18DISNEY : The Star Wars Franchise Is In Trouble 
07/18MY TOP 5 DIVIDEND STOCKS FOR YOUNG I : Revisited 
07/17Netflix - Not A Buy On The Dip 
07/17IQIYI : Why It's Time To Fall In Love (Investing City) 
07/17U.S. Moats Back On Track 
Financials ($)
Sales 2018 59 054 M
EBIT 2018 14 970 M
Net income 2018 12 419 M
Debt 2018 20 606 M
Yield 2018 1,52%
P/E ratio 2018 13,40
P/E ratio 2019 14,67
EV / Sales 2018 3,13x
EV / Sales 2019 3,04x
Capitalization 164 B
Chart WALT DISNEY COMPANY (THE)
Duration : Period :
Walt Disney Company (The) Technical Analysis Chart | DIS | US2546871060 | 4-Traders
Technical analysis trends WALT DISNEY COMPANY (THE)
Short TermMid-TermLong Term
TrendsBullishNeutralNeutral
Income Statement Evolution
Consensus
Sell
Buy
Mean consensus OUTPERFORM
Number of Analysts 23
Average target price 115 $
Spread / Average Target 4,7%
EPS Revisions
Managers
NameTitle
Robert A. Iger Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Christine M. McCarthy Chief Financial Officer & Senior Executive VP
John S. Chen Independent Director
Aylwin B. Lewis Independent Director
Fred H. Langhammer Independent Director
Sector and Competitors
1st jan.Capitalization (M$)
WALT DISNEY COMPANY (THE)2.96%163 989
COMCAST CORPORATION-14.43%157 698
SKY50.49%34 287
LIBERTY SIRIUS XM GROUP20.42%26 245
LIBERTY MEDIA FORMULA ONE11.55%26 245
LIBERTY BRAVES GROUP17.37%26 245