BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Dec 19, 2013) - Drync LLC is proud to announce that Drync -- the first free mobile application that allows consumers to scan, track, share and purchase wine instantly -- is now available to Android users. Drync also released an elegant redesign for iOS7, offering a seamless user experience and improved image recognition accuracy. The app was previously only available on iOS.
The full-featured wine discovery and e-commerce mobile app allows users to buy nearly any wine by simply snapping a photo of the label. The Drync app recognizes most wine labels within a few seconds, using state-of-the-art image recognition and a database of over 2.3 million label images. Users learn about their wine and may share, notate, and buy or gift for home delivery.
Drync's state-of-the-art image recognition software also provides the unique capability of scanning wines directly from the pages of magazines, billboards and computer screens. Drync recently partnered with Food & Wine magazine to showcase this feature and enable readers to scan and buy wines from brand partners highlighted in their December 2013 Holiday issue. Drync was also recently featured on NBC's Today Show by Digital lifestyle expert Mario Armstrong, as a must-have app for the holidays.
Along with the new Android app, Drync has also launched its new Concierge Program. In rare cases when a wine is unavailable through Drync's fulfillment network, Drync provides a fee-based service to help customers source desired wines.
"This has been a much anticipated release for us. With Android penetration exceeding 50% of smartphone devices in the U.S., extending our reach to this platform has been a high priority," says Drync CEO, Brad Rosen. "We are excited to open the Drync community to virtually all smartphone users, while continually striving to make Drync the most personal and convenient way to find and buy wine."
With professionally curated wine lists, Drync also helps people discover new wines with featured recommendations from top wine experts, as well as hand-crafted lists of wines in topical categories.
The Drync apps for Android and iOS include the following features:
- Full cross-platform synchronization with the web, so you can find and manage your wines anywhere
- Instant identification of over 2 million wines
- Highly accurate image recognition technology that works on wine bottle labels as well as wine labels in magazines, billboards and on computer screens
- Intuitive text search to find wines by name
- Catalogue of over 30,000 wines available for sale to consumers in 42 states
- Sharing wine activity with friends on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, text and email
- Over 1 million user wine ratings
- Detailed wine information on each wine, such as ratings, data, and winemaker's notes
- Personal wine ratings and tasting notes that can be shared publicly, or kept private
- Wishlist function to earmark favorites for future purchase
- Option to send wine as a gift
Founded in 2008, the Boston based app developer has become one of the largest mobile social networks for wine drinkers. Drync is the first mobile app that allows consumers to find, track, share, and purchase wine at the moment it is most relevant to them -- while they are drinking it. Drync nationally launched its new iOS platform in August 2013. In December 2013, Drync released an Android app and will soon launch a new e-commerce enabled website and iPad app. www.drync.com
Download for Android: http://dryn.cc/1i43kVn
Download for iPhone: http://dryn.cc/UwBTpC
(High-resolution images available upon request)