The AGM re-elected Lorenzo Grabau, Irina Hemmers, Eamonn O'Hare, Mike Parton and Carla Smits-Nusteling as directors of the Board and elected Sofia Arhall Bergendorff, Georgi Ganev and Cynthia Gordon as new directors of the Board, and re-elected Mike Parton as Chairman of the Board. The AGM re-elected Deloitte as auditor until the close of the 2017 AGM. Thomas Strömberg will continue as auditor-in-charge.
The AGM approved the annual report for 2015 and resolved on dividend of SEK 5.35 per share. The record date was decided to be Thursday 26 May 2016. The dividend is estimated to be paid out to the shareholders on Tuesday 31 May 2016.
The AGM discharged the directors of the Board and the CEO from liability for the financial year 2015.
The AGM also resolved to:
- approve remuneration to the Board and auditor and procedures for the Nomination Committee;
- approve guidelines for the remuneration to senior executives as well as the principles and scope for Tele2's long term share-related incentive programme 2016, including authorisations for the Board to resolve on a new issue of not more than 1,820,000 Class C shares and to repurchase all Class C shares in the company in order to transfer such shares to the participants in Tele2's long-term incentive plans, of which 1,820,000 can be transferred to the participants under the 2016 plan;
- authorise the Board to pass a resolution on one or more occasions for the period up until the next Annual General Meeting to repurchase so many Class A and/or Class B shares that Tele2's holding does not at any time exceed 10 per cent of the total number of issued Tele2 shares;
- approve amendments to the articles of association, including, among other things, that the auditor's term of office is changed from four (4) to one (1) year, and
- dismiss shareholder proposals.
At the constituent board meeting following the AGM, an Audit Committee and a Remuneration Committee were appointed. Carla Smits-Nusteling, was appointed as Chairman of the Audit Committee and Irina Hemmers, Mike Parton and Georgi Ganev were appointed as members of the Audit Committee. Lorenzo Grabau was appointed as Chairman of the Remuneration Committee and Georgi Ganev and Mike Parton were appointed as members of the Remuneration Committee.
For more information, please contact:
Viktor Wallström, Director of Communications, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 703 63 53 27
Louise Tjeder, Head of Investor Relations, Tele2 AB, Phone: +46 704 26 46 52
The information is of such character, which Tele2 AB (publ) shall disclose in accordance with the Securities Market Act (2007:528) and/or the law on Trading with Financial Instruments (1991:980). The information was distributed for disclosure at 2 p.m. CET on 24 May 2016.
TELE2 IS ONE OF EUROPE'S FASTEST GROWING TELECOM OPERATORS, ALWAYS PROVIDING CUSTOMERS WITH WHAT THEY NEED FOR LESS. We have 16 million customers in 9 countries. Tele2 offers mobile services, fixed broadband and telephony, data network services, content services and global M2M/IoT solutions. Ever since Jan Stenbeck founded the company in 1993, it has been a tough challenger to the former government monopolies and other established providers. Tele2 has been listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm since 1996. In 2015, we had net sales of SEK 27 billion and reported an operating profit (EBITDA) of SEK 5.8 billion.