Log in
E-mail
Password
Remember
Forgot password ?
Become a member for free
Sign up
Sign up
Settings
Settings
Dynamic quotes 
OFFON

4-Traders Homepage  >  Equities  >  London Stock Exchange  >  BHP Billiton Plc    BLT   GB0000566504

BHP BILLITON PLC (BLT)
Mes dernières consult.
Most popular
  Report  
Real-time Quote. Real-time Cboe Europe - 06/21 05:30:00 pm
1633.8 GBp   -0.29%
06/19BHP BILLITON : Sells Cerro Colorado Copper Mine for Up to $320 Milli..
DJ
06/19BHP BILLITON : Sale of Cerro Colorado
PU
06/15BHP, partners to build $3.4 billion iron ore mine in Australia
RE
SummaryQuotesChartsNewsAnalysisCalendarCompanyFinancialsConsensusRevisions 
News SummaryMost relevantAll newsofficial PublicationsSector newsTweets
OFFRE ETE Zonebourse : Jusqu'à 6 mois offerts sur tous les portefeuilles

BHP Billiton Approves $2.9 Billion Capex for South Flank Project

share with twitter share with LinkedIn share with facebook
share via e-mail
0
06/14/2018 | 01:13pm CEST

By Oliver Griffin

BHP Billiton PLC (BLT.LN) said Thursday that it has approved $2.9 billion worth of capital expenditure for its South Flank iron-ore project in central Pilbara, Western Australia.

The dual-listed mining company said the project will fully replace production from the 80 million-ton-a-year Yandi mine, which is reaching the end of its economic life.

First ore from South Flank is targeted in 2021 and BHP Billiton said it expects the project will produce ore for more than 25 years.

In June last year, BHP Billiton approved an initial funding commitment of $184 million. The company has an 85% interest in the project, with the remaining 15% jointly owned by ITOCHU Minerals & Energy of Australia Pty and Mitsui Iron Ore Corporation Pty.

London-listed shares at 1052 GMT were down 1.8% at 1,717.60 pence.

Write to Oliver Griffin at [email protected]

Stocks mentioned in the article
ChangeLast1st jan.
BHP BILLITON LIMITED 0.49% 32.76 End-of-day quote.10.25%
BHP BILLITON PLC -0.84% 295.1 End-of-day quote.16.02%
LME COPPER CASH -0.01% 6819 End-of-day quote.-5.04%
WTI -0.84% 65 Delayed Quote.9.15%
share with twitter share with LinkedIn share with facebook
share via e-mail
0
Latest news on BHP BILLITON PLC
06/19BHP BILLITON : Sells Cerro Colorado Copper Mine for Up to $320 Million
DJ
06/19BHP BILLITON : Sale of Cerro Colorado
PU
06/15BHP, partners to build $3.4 billion iron ore mine in Australia
RE
06/15Pipe dream? Chevron, Woodside vie to shape Australia's LNG sector
RE
06/14BHP Billiton Approves $2.9 Billion Capex for South Flank Project
DJ
06/14BHP BILLITON : approves South Flank project
PU
06/12EXCLUSIVE : Exxon Mobil breaks with past, bulks up energy trading to boost profi..
RE
06/12BHP BILLITON : responds to contract proposal from union at Chile's Escondida min..
RE
06/09BHP BILLITON : Escondida union in Chile optimistic will reach deal with BHP
RE
06/07Rio Tinto inks exploration agreement with China's Minmetals
RE
More news
News from SeekingAlpha
06/18Comparison Of The 2nd Tier Of Major Miners (11 To 20) 
06/1441 'Safer' Basic Materials Top Yielding Dividends For June 
05/31Would Wider-Than-Expected Discount To Benchmark Price Make Fortescue More Com.. 
05/29Anglo American Seriously Rethinking Iron Price Returns 
05/21Investor Confidence In Higher Copper Remains Strong 
Financials ($)
Sales 2018 45 385 M
EBIT 2018 15 899 M
Net income 2018 7 274 M
Debt 2018 12 014 M
Yield 2018 5,54%
P/E ratio 2018 14,94
P/E ratio 2019 14,01
EV / Sales 2018 2,97x
EV / Sales 2019 2,98x
Capitalization 123 B
Chart BHP BILLITON PLC
Duration : Period :
BHP Billiton Plc Technical Analysis Chart | BLT | GB0000566504 | 4-Traders
Technical analysis trends BHP BILLITON PLC
Short TermMid-TermLong Term
TrendsBearishBullishBullish
Income Statement Evolution
Consensus
Sell
Buy
Mean consensus HOLD
Number of Analysts 23
Average target price 22,3 $
Spread / Average Target 3,2%
EPS Revisions
Managers
NameTitle
Andrew Mackenzie CEO & Non-Independent Executive Director
John Kenneth Norman MacKenzie Chairman
Peter Beaven Chief Financial Officer
Diane Jurgens Chief Technology Officer
Wayne William Murdy Independent Non-Executive Director
Sector and Competitors
1st jan.Capitalization (M$)
BHP BILLITON PLC7.63%122 985
BHP BILLITON LIMITED10.25%122 985
RIO TINTO4.55%96 670
RIO TINTO LIMITED9.15%96 670
ANGLO AMERICAN8.82%31 352
FREEPORT-MCMORAN-14.24%23 556