EADS : Airbus Military :Contract With Indonesia For Nine C295 Aircraft
02/15/2012| 01:38am US/Eastern
Airbus Military, a unit of European Aeronautics Defence and Space NV Co (>> EADS) Wednesday said it has signed a firm contract with PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PT DI) to supply nine C295 military transport aircraft for delivery to the Indonesian Ministry of Defense.
- The aircraft will be operated by the Indonesian Air Force throughout the vast territory of Indonesia, which includes around 17.000 islands. The aircraft will perform a variety of roles including military, logistical, humanitarian and medical evacuation missions.
- The first delivery is foreseen in 2012 and by summer 2014 all aircraft will have been delivered.
- Additionally, the industrial plan covers a substantial collaboration between PT DI and Airbus Military for the C295 programme, including the manufacturing of the tail empennage, rear fuselage and fuselage panels, as well as workpackages for the development of Computer Based Training systems and the creation of a service and delivery centre and a final assembly line (FAL) in Indonesia.
- No financial detail of the transaction was disclosed.
- By Paris Bureau, Dow Jones Newswires; +331-4017-1740; firstname.lastname@example.org
Stocks mentioned in the article : EADS