The Dow Chemical Company is one of the leading chemical groups worldwide. Net sales break down by activity as follows:
- staple plastics (25.5%): polyethylene and polystyrene (No1. worldwide), polypropylene, etc.;
- staple chemical products (24%): caustic soda, chlorite soda, acids, alcohols, chlorite, aldehydes, ethylene oxide, etc.;
- hydrocarbon and energy (18.8%): benzene, butadene, butylene, ethylene, propylene, styrene, etc.;
- processed plastics (12.1%): adhesives, resins, polyurethanes, plastic films, sealing products, acoustic products, etc.;
- agricultural products (11.2%): fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides, pesticides, etc.;
- processed chemical products (7.9%): polymers, latex, monomer acrylics, etc.;
- other (0.5%).
At the end of 2012, the group had 188 production sites worldwide.
Net sales are distributed geographically as follows: the United States (32.4%), Europe/Middle East/Africa (33.8%), and other (33.8%).