Axa is the European leading insurance group. Net sales break down by activity as follows:
- life insurance (60.6%): sale of savings policies, retirement accounts, estate planning services, and health insurance to individuals and companies. Net sales break down by country as follows: France (25.5%), The United States (20.4%), Switzerland (12.7%), Germany (11.8%), Europe, Morocco and Latin America (10.8%), Japan (10 1%), Belgium (3.6%), Hong Kong (3.3%), United Kingdom (1%), Asia (0.5%) and other (0.3%);
- damage insurance (31.6%): mainly car insurance, home insurance, property damage and civil liability. Net sales break down geographically between France (20.4%), Europe, Morocco and Latin America (25.4%), the United Kingdom and Ireland (13.4%), Germany (13.1%), Switzerland (9.3%), Belgium (7.1%) and other (11.3%);
- asset management (3.8%): EUR893 billion of assets managed at the end of 2013, including 39.5% for third parties;
- international insurance (3.4%): mainly major risk insurance (64.1% of net sales) and assistance services (33.5%; medical assistance for travelers, breakdown service for vehicles, etc.);
- other (0.6%): mainly banking activities in France, Belgium and Germany.