Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Posted Date: 05-AUG-14
Office Address: Department of Commerce; National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST); Acquisition Management Division; 100 Bureau Drive, Building 301Room B130 Gaithersburg MD 20899-1410
Subject: SOURCES SOUGHT: Maintenance and Service Agreement for JEOL Scientific Equipment
Classification Code: 66 - Instruments & laboratory equipment
Solicitation Number: AMD-14-SS50
Contact: Paula Wilkison, Contract Specialist, Phone 301-975-8448, Email firstname.lastname@example.org - Patrick Staines, Contracting Officer, Phone (301) 975-6335, Email email@example.com
Place of Performance Country: US
Description: Department of Commerce
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
Acquisition Management Division
The National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) seeks information on commercial vendors that are capable of providing a service agreement for the service and maintenance of JEOL instruments and their associated components to ensure uninterrupted performance within manufacturers' specifications on a scheduled and emergency/as-needed basis. Most of the instruments are located at NIST's Gaithersburg, Maryland location, but three are located at the Boulder, Colorado campus. The required service and maintenance agreement will provide for routine maintenance and calibration to ensure that the covered instruments continuously meet the manufacturer's specifications. The required service agreement shall guarantee the full system performance of these instruments, including third-party accessories, if these components have been purchased through JEOL and are covered under the warranty or current service contract.
In addition, these instruments occasionally require emergency/as-needed service to repair faults, failures, and sudden degradation in the performance envelope of the instrument. Accordingly, the required service and maintenance agreement shall include unlimited emergency/as-needed visits during regular business hours in addition to scheduled preventive maintenance visits.
The required service agreement shall cover expenses including all parts, labor, travel, and per diem. The Contractor shall repair/replace all parts (i.e., hardware, software, accessory components/systems) required for the operation of the covered JEOL instruments.
NIST has a need for a service agreement to ensure uninterrupted performance within manufacturers' specifications, on a scheduled and emergency/ as-needed basis, for each of the JEOL instruments listed below:
1. Scanning Auger Model 7830F Gaithersburg
2. Field Emission SEM Model JSM-7100FT/LV Gaithersburg
3. E-beam Lithography System Model JBX 6300-FS Gaithersburg
4. E-beam Lithography System Model JBX 6300-FS Gaithersburg
5. Field Emission SEM Model SM17610023 Gaithersburg
6. Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) Model EM133020-21 Boulder
7. Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) Model JSM-6100 Boulder
8. TEM Model JEM-3010 Gaithersburg
9. Field Emission SEM Model JSM-7100 Gaithersburg
10. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Model NM113507-020 Gaithersburg
11. Aberration Corrected Scanning TEM Model EM171000052 Boulder
After results of this market research are obtained and analyzed and specifications developed for the maintenance and service agreement, NIST may conduct a competitive procurement and subsequently award a Purchase Order. If at least two qualified small businesses are identified during this market research stage, then any competitive procurement that resulted would be conducted as a small business set-aside.
NIST is seeking responses from all responsible sources, including large, foreign, and small businesses. Small businesses are defined under the associated NAICS code for this effort, 811219, as those domestic sources with annual revenue of $20.5M or less. Please include your company's size classification in any response to this notice.
Companies that provide such maintenance and service agreements for JEOL equipment are requested to email a detailed report describing their abilities to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the response date for this sources sought notice. The report should include achievable specifications and any other information relevant to your services or capabilities. Also, the following information is requested to be provided as part of the response to this sources sought notice:
1. Name of the company that provides the services for which specifications are provided.
2. Name of company(s) that are authorized to provide the services, their addresses, and a point of contact for the company (name, phone number, fax number and email address).
3. Indication of number of days, after receipt of order that is typical for delivery of such services.
4. Indication of whether each service for which specifications are sent to email@example.com is currently on one or more GSA Federal Supply Schedule contracts and, if so, the GSA FSS contract number(s).
5. Provide experience in the performance of maintenance and service agreement for JEOL equipment.
6. Any other relevant information that is not listed above which the Government should consider in developing its minimum specifications and finalizing its market research.
Point of contact Paula Wilkison, Contract Specialist, Phone (301) 975-8448, email firstname.lastname@example.org
(c) 2013 Federal Information & News Dispatch, Inc.